Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Dear You

Tonight I went to hear a speaker and wanted to turn around and walk out as soon as I sat down. The first sentence I heard was "I'm sure some of you have experienced heartache". "Too soon!" I wanted to yell. The speaker said I need to be completely vulnerable and to take a few Tylenol. I've checked half of it off the list, here's the other half.
Dear You,
I want more of my heart back and less of the ache. But, if the ache is what you want me to go through to get to the other side, I will. All of the sources say I should play hard to get, but I can't chance you watching me walk away again. I can't give you that ultimatum of stopping me or losing me. I know all the stories and magazines say I should "be glamorous" and "move on with my life". I tried, but today I couldn't even fake a smile for my boss. So I'm living my life, but I'm asking you to come along. This isn't a cool girl act, but this is honesty. I want you, please want me.


1 comment: