Thursday, February 18, 2010

I want to go to college

My half days at school continue to seem longer and looonger everyday. I'm usually picking Zoe (my sister's dog) hair off my shirt/jacket 1st hr...2nd hr I doodle...3rd hr I stare at a Spanish speaking teacher and classroom (often i can't even remember the ENGLISH words to "can I get a drink" aka "I need to escape")...4th hr I sit and discover Pryor's new gadgets in the chaos of her corner/desk/shelves...5th hr I simply want to weep. I play cello. love it. but orchestra..the songs can only be described as brutal. One of the pieces is called "Summer" and that only depresses me because I start to dream of summer then look out the windows and see brown slush mush stuff in the parking lot..the remnants of once white flakes falling from the sky.
ALSO, my parents forgot I was in the house this morning and failed to wake me up for school. Just forgot, like poof, I was erased from their memory. I awoke to "Bruce what about Kathryn?" "oh, she's in there (referring to my room)" "Yeah, I know..we didn't get her up!"
My sister is leaving, my parents mentally think I'm gone...so why am I still here?
OH AND have I mentioned i'm going to TRUMAN? Oh man am I excited. I'm pretty sure college is gonna be the shiznit

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Kat, I can relate! I feel like we think a lot. In that introspective, longing sort of sense. If you know what I mean...
    I'm happy you're going to Truman!
    I think it'll be the shiznit for you, too!
    I'm waiting to hear back from Columbia and Roosevelt.
    Wish me luck

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete