Monday, February 1, 2010

a leader being lead

For the past few months I have been helping lead a small group of 7th and 8th grade girls. From day 1 I have loved every moment. Getting to know the girls and seeing their hearts has been a true blessing. Yesterday one of those girls got baptized. She comes from a strong Christian family and has been an obvious leader since I met her. But, when she stepped into the baptistry and I watched the other girls surround her in support, it hit me that all of these young girls have such an impact on each other and the world around them. It immediately became and continues to be my prayer that God reveal his plan to the lives of each and every girl in my group. If I could just get myself out of the way for the hour i'm them every week, God could work in such great ways in all of their lives. Sometimes I worry that I'm not teaching them enough, or spending enough hours preparing for each lesson. But, I was reminded that it's not my words they need to hear, it's God's. I have learned so much from Jr. High girls. I may be the leader, but so often I'm the one being lead in their example. I've found it's not about the age of the individual, it's about her heart lead by Christ. Through that we become brothers and sisters, equally saved by the greatness of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment