Thursday, February 25, 2010

Satisfied with Settling in

Tonight I had a plan. In as many words as it took I was going to describe in great detail my excitement about going to college next year. Not just any college, but Truman! But, I can't write about that tonight. As much as I'm ready to get out of this town and find new adventures, this week I've rediscovered the importance of family. It sounds cliché, but I'm in this small town, with my small family, and for now there is nowhere else I'd rather be. My grandpa died Tuesday night. It was unexpected...I thought he was the healthy one in my family. I've never watched anyone die before. When the medicine stopped being administered we were told that it would only be seconds before he passed...but my grandpa fought for 45 minutes. Watching his gaze fixed on every family member, I knew what kept him fighting. After flat lining multiple times, he came back with a deep breath if even a hand was laid on him. He held on for his family. He waited for everyone to come and say goodbye.
Maybe tomorrow I can write about my adventures to come with college in my near future. For now I'm going to cheese it up and love every moment of being surrounded by my family because I'm not ready to say goodbye.

1 comment:

  1. Oh sister...you always know how to capture moments in our life!!!

    ReplyDelete