Tuesday, July 6, 2010

My stalker dad

So yesterday I reminded my dad that I'm leaving for college next month. I explained how I'd be spreading my wings and flying somewhere without a map for return. Of course, this was an exaggeration, but at the time I think I wanted him to get something for me and honestly college is my strategy for keeping him tied around my finger. I know, so wrong. But, it all back fired in my face. He won't stop following me! I go to Old Navy, he follows. I go to the post office, he follows. I go to the kitchen, he's right behind my every step. I know this should all be endearing, but then there are expectations. I'm his only little girl, and in return I think he expects to be the only individual I care to see, ever. Sure, he's the only man in my life, but when the sun goes down, so does daddy-daughter time. But even as I walk to my car waving good-bye, he follows. He opens the door and is standing right beside me, checking for strangers in the back of my car, listening for the clicking of locked doors, and walking my reversing car down the driveway. Never remind your father that you're leaving, but if you do, show him a map promising your return.

2 comments:

  1. i hope i never have a daughter. this is depressing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Kat! I can't stop smiling!

    Jake, you are so going to have a daughter haha.

    ReplyDelete