Tuesday, July 13, 2010

sinful sugar

Today the sky is particularly happy and sunny, but I've been a bit blue. Girls, a little feel good 101: make up is our best friend. I applied my clinique "super fit" foundation, mary kay bronzing stick, and mineral eye shadow (honey spice to keep a naturally glowing theme). Even then, no giddy girl came shining through the rose blush. No worries, I would embark on my daily study of Paul and not only complete the last few verses from the previous day's Bible study, but do today's as well. I mean come on, God, the answer to questions that have yet to be been asked. I looked at my reading guide and today I was to read about the struggles of sin, not exactly uplifting. Like a good girl I wrote my prayer and read my scripture, but still felt the need to wiggle and jiggle (not in front of a mirror. jiggling in front of mirrors must be prevented at all times). Solution? A drive. First came the fries. my body said "whaaat? what is this? partayyyy!". I also upgraded, medium fry! woot to the woot. This will sadly contribute to the unwanted mirror jiggling. None the less, happy was coming. I was listening to a song that said, "I can see the light before the end of the tunnel" and it came to me...fountain soda. Sugar, all i needed. I grabbed my mountain dew and smiled all the way home. My justification for finding more happiness in my soda than in the teachings of Paul in Romans 7? God definitely put that song on the radio which lead me to buy such goodness that sends fake feel good signals to my mind and soul. Thank you Creator of the universe.

1 comment:

  1. Yummmm soda sounds good! Thanks for reminding me to to my Bible study. I'm a little behind. Can't wait for you and the girls to get here!

    ReplyDelete