Monday, January 24, 2011

Chem for Dummies PLEASE

Everything in my life just kinda happens. I pretend to make decisions and when people ask "what made you choose..." I go with it and answer accordingly. But, I have a secret, I don't get a chance to choose anything. I am currently in Chem. 100 because I tried to take Ag. The dreaded day arrived, registration day. I already felt behind because everyone seemed to have all of their schedules/overrides taken care of. It was noon and I'd yet to even have a tentative schedule. But, I stood up tall from my desk at work, grabbed my notebook (after having dps unlock the office due to my locking my possessions within) and walked to the professor's office, where I would smoothly plead my case for getting an override in Ag. I did just that, but he started shaking his head. "I teach Chem." This is where most people blush, lower their heads and walk out to find the correct office. But, in my asthmatic, flustered way, I raised my head, smiled, sweated, and said "okay that works too!" So now I sit in the center of the 4th row in a building that smells like a hospital. I do love the story that got me to this place and I am quite determined to make it a joyful ride. But then again, I suppose that's not for me to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment