Monday, January 3, 2011

Welp

I used to long for the day boredom would embrace me. I yearned to sit on a couch and stare at a ceiling or perhaps mindlessly twirl my hair while watching an over-watched rerun of Friends. I had plans to become a master cellist during these breaks from life; i'd learn the art of cooking, read a book, become an artist and essentially mark my fingerprint in the world. Then, Christmas break 2010 happened. I tried to defy my clock by sleeping in like any normal young adult such as myself. I can't help that I like the sound of birds and the feeling of sun on my face of an early morn! Why can't I too desire a dark dungeon and hours of uninterrupted sleep? At least that would cut into my hours of eating mindless sweets filled with chocolate, peanut butter, sugars galore, disgusting yummies of sort. What's even worse is..I'm also becoming one of them, the shoppers. Just yesterday I relentlessly laughed at my sister for obsessing over jcrew sales and today I find myself waiting for the oh-so-important semi-anual you know what sale starting Jan. 4, TOMORROW! But while I wait, I'm left once more on the couch, fighting off the newest addition to our kitchen, coffee cake. Today is a new day and while I may not be impressing the boy's family with my newest chef-like creations (like chris did with my family), I will conquer my own evils. Today i shall read a book and today I shall eat less. A new me is on the way. Boring or not, here I come.
Embrace boredom,
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment