Friday, January 28, 2011

Undefined

I learned something about myself today...I can't be defined. I tried to redesign my blog to the best of my technologically challenged ability. Much to my dismay, I could not find a "kathryn" background. But then I came across linen. Immediately I fell in love! Just as fast as my excitement rose, it sank; I saw myself as a young vibrant dreamer, settling with linen. I blame it on my mother's love for pottery barn, my sister's infatuation with being chic, and my father's keen eye for fabrics. Am i simply a beige slate that has no pattern, no excitement? No, no..i'm half that. I found the beauty in simplicity. To spice it up I added the "homemade apple" font. One, because I really like food and my gramma's apple pies, and two, because it screams Anne of Green Gables. It's whimsical and at times difficult to read which is perfect because I'm truly tickled by the whimsy of life so much so that I scribble all of feelings in ways that aren't always comprehendible/legible. So, you see, I may have been searching for utterly urban or shamelessly chic, but in the middle I found a bunch of tan and pages of loop-d-loop letters. A little bit of everything and completely undefinable:)
Find a little you in a little of everything,
Kat

2 comments:

  1. Awesome post! I know exactly how you feel. We are actually alike in so many ways, yet created perfectly different. Good work God :) Love you sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Do you know the song The First Single by The Format? It's my favorite song & reminds me of this. I actually think it's the track 20 on the cd I gave you. Here's my favorite part in lieu of not being annoying and quoting the entire song..."You know me, oh you think you do you just don't seem to see
    I've been waiting all this time to be, something I can't define..." Love always.

    ReplyDelete