Thursday, February 3, 2011

Stepping on toes

I'm the kind of gal that dreams of dancing, but ends up stomping. The first time I slow danced with a guy I'm pretty sure I took a ride on his toes. It's cute when little girls stand on their daddy's feet buuuut then there's me. It was so unfair because it was that awkward stage where all girls are taller than ALL boys. So i just looked down on him while pretending my hair was blowing in the wind, when really it was falling out of the bobby pins from my abrupt stumbles. But, that didn't stop me from dancing to the melodies in my head, dreaming of pretty princesses and fairytales, even at age 18. I got the chance to step on toes again a few days ago when I went to Walgreens for stamps and ended up being twirled through the aisle as my boy took my hand and stopped life long enough to spin with me amongst the Hallmarks.
Never stop dancing, because one day the song in your head may be the song coming through the speakers and someone might hear it and grab your hand. Don't be afraid to step on toes, because one day that boy might grow tall enough to grab your heart.
kat

2 comments: