Thursday, February 24, 2011

Yet another list

We all make lists. I'm not the color coordinated, post-it note, perfectly organized type, but I'm just like you because we all make lists. We list homework, goals, grocery necessities, daily tasks, etc. In fact, lists have been a reoccurring theme in my blog. What I don't see, or talk about often is how to stay happy at all times. I'm prepared for a boring day with a kite in my back seat, I have a book bag full of books just in case I have a spare moment. But, sometimes your best friend is busy working, your boyfriend will need "me time" and a date with video games, homework won't sound fun, and winter will prevent the flying of a kite. What then?
1. Sing 2 songs: 1. a song that has notes you can reach and makes your feel good and sassy
2. turn this song all the way up so you can scream it, love it, and not hear how awful you sound. Stay away from screamo though..that's scary
2. Let yourself cry, then look in a mirror and laugh at your slowly contorting face. Ugly cry = supa hott
3. Create a surprise for the person you miss, which is the reason you're sad, but it will be reversed if you make something pretty and happy.
4. "...love life and joyously live each day to it's ultimate good." - I see you Alpha sisters!
5. sit pretzel style in leggings while drinking tea..you'll feel artsy
6. Read likealittle.com and tell yourself you are every single girl mentioned. Everyone loves you!
7. Read Isaiah 40:28-31. Then read it in another language, just for kicks and giggles.
8. Pretend you like "me time" (which I actually despise and don't believe in) and start a journal. It's so fun to look back at the dates of special occasions!
9. highlight absolutely everything in your planner. If you're like my sister, you can have a little "key" at the top of the page specifying what each color represents.
10. Tell yourself you rock, and believe it.

Next time you find yourself reaching for the kleenex to wipe your tears are everything that goes wrong or nothing that goes right, think of this list and pick one thing. I want to hear you giggle again.

11. Blog about being happy...CHECK
Kat

1 comment:

  1. Love! While I was having me time, I danced around my room to Firework...I felt slightly silly, but it did leave a smile on my face. Missyousostinkinmuch

    ReplyDelete